1. What's the meaning of laptop AC adapter's nominal voltage and current? AC adapter's norninal voltage usually refers to open-circuit output voltage, that's do not connect any load and no current output voltage value, it can also think is the AC adapter's voltage limit.Any AC adapter has a certain resistance, when the power output the current, it will cause a drop and heart. The usual design after considering the heat problem, will generally limit a current value, when the output current reach the value, the output voltage reached to 95% nominal voltage or other proportion, each factories set higher or lower proportion according to the different necessary of load products, this current value is nominal current.
2. Can the same nominal voltage and different output currrent AC adapter be used in the same laptop? The basic principles is big nominal current AC adapter can replace the little nominal current ones, in the same voltage, the size of current is based on the load, that's the laptop's work environment, when the laptop full work, the currrent will bigger, and when it enter in standby status, the current will smaller. Big nominal current have enough current margin, will not appear overheart or too little output voltage situation when replacing the little nominal voltage, otherwise, it will appera too little load current or even cause the AC adapter overheart and burn down.
3. The same laptop, why my AC adapter is hotter than others? First don't doubt your AC adapter has problem, look at what are your laptop is doing. Because there is resistance in the AC adapter, when the current passing, will cause some heart, if your laptop is conducting much date read and write, calculating or connecting much external devices, will cause the current bigger, and make the AC adapter get very hot.
4. Is it OK that the AC adapter's nominal voltage is higher than my battery's voltage? It's different that the battery supply the laptop and the power supply the laptop, the battery's output is pure DC, very clean, direct access to the DC transformer module is ok, the battery's voltage can't and needn't designed very high, the voltage of analog and digital signals in the microelectronic circuits is basically bounded by 5V, get rid of the transformer module's efficiency and demand pressure, 10.8V is enough. If use the power supply laptop, firsr need filter of the voltage regulator, to ensure the work stablitity when the AC adapter's performance is not very good, stable voltage divid into two parts, one part supply power to laptop, and another one charge the battery, the part that supply power to the laptop and the part charge the battery is the same, but the part charge the battery need passing the battery's charge control circuit can reach to the batteries, the voltage will greatly reduce during the charge control circuit regulation, the last voltage that reach to the batteries will not high, so you needn't worry about this.
5.How can I find a right Laptop Charger for my notebook? This Power Supply is guaranteed to work with your laptop when you see your adapter's OEM part number (printed on the adapter label) or laptop model number in our compatible list. The list might be incomplete because it is difficult to collect all information at one time. If you are not sure of your choice, please type the part number and model number as special comment in our shipping form at the time of checkout. We will ship you the correct adapter based on your input.To get a correct adapter replacement, you must make sure the adapter connector tip is right. Please check the tip size and compare the tip shape with your original device. Contact us if you have any questions, thanks
6. My original Laptop Charger has different output voltage and amperage from yours, does your replacement adapter really work? Sure, we guarantee our replacement adapter work with your laptop or netbook if your adapter part number or laptop model number is included in our compatible list. Our adapter has +/- 1 voltage allowance. For example, our 19V adapter automatically switches its output voltage to 18.5V, 19V, 19.5V, or 20V accordingly when it is plugged in. It will be no problem if the output current (A - Amperage) of your original adapter is smaller than ours. For example, our 90W adapter (19V x 4.73A) can replace your genuine 65W (19V x 3.42A) or 75W (19V x 3.95A) adapter without any problems as long as they have same output voltage and connector tip. For tip size and shape, you can put your mouse on the adapter picture in product page to get a close-up image and read the details. Higher power adapter has no impact on your laptop because the laptop drawsbsas as many amps and watts as it needs while the adapter just provides as much power as the laptop draws.